Robert Mueller is as upstanding as any investigator comes — that is, at least, if you listen to the mainstream media.
The former FBI director is now acting as Special Counsel to look into unproven allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 election. As with James Comey, liberals and the media fawn over Mueller as if he is the pinnacle of integrity… but scandals from throughout his career reveal that this may not be the case.
A report from attorney Jeffrey Marty on American Lookout paints a picture of Robert Mueller which shows he might be part of the D.C. “swamp” that Donald Trump was elected to drain.
Advertisement – story continues below
The report is an important reminder of not just one, but several controversies involving Mueller during his long tenure in Washington.
Each of them should concern conservatives, but the combined list should give anybody who values liberty and transparency a reason to stop and re-think their opinion of the former FBI chief.
- NSA Warrantless Surveillance (2001-2013): illegal collection of domestic phone records and internet communications that were sent or received by US citizens, in violation of Fourth Amendment protections against warrantless search and seizure, followed by potential perjury committed by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who denied the practices under oath; the 2013 Snowden revelations proved that the 2004 story about Comey and Mueller stopping illegal surveillance practices meant absolutely nothing in reality
- Walter Reed Neglect Scandal (2007): troops recovering from severe war-related injuries were subjected to squalid living conditions and grotesquely substandard care due to a privatization agreement that resulted in drastic staffing cuts, after which patients were told to “keep quiet” and whistleblowers suffered retaliation from higher-ups
- IRS Targeting (2010-2013): the IRS intentionally selected and then delayed or denied tax-exempt 501(c)(3) applications from conservative groups to prevent them from participating in the 2012 election, followed by IRS agent Lois Lerner invoking her Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination
- Fast and Furious (2010): this ATF program, which seems to have served no rational purpose, allowed over 2,000 guns to be purchased illegally inside the United States and then “walked” into Mexico for use by criminals, one of which was later used in the 2010 murder of Border Agent Brian Terry by a member of a Mexican cartel
- Russian Uranium Deal (2009-2013): Hillary Clinton’s State Department approved a deal allowing a Russian company to control 20% of the uranium mining production capacity inside the United States, which was followed by millions of dollars in donations to the Clinton Foundation from people associated with the transaction
- Clinton Private Email Server (2009-2013): during her entire tenure as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton dodged Freedom of Information Act requirements by using a private email server to conduct official government business, as well as sent and received classified information that was Top Secret over an unsecured system—an “extremely reckless” (and obviously illegal) act
Shockingly, those are just several of many Mueller-involved scandals that occurred over the last decade and a half.
Advertisement – story continues below
The simple fact is that Robert Mueller is a Washington, D.C. insider who may have been in that tainted environment for too long.
He may have noble intentions; however, the “swamp” has a tendency to slowly influence and corrupt even good men who stay in federal government for decades.
As Mueller’s investigation unfolds, it’s important to remember that he may be less “Eliot Ness” and more “Loch Ness” than the media will admit.
Nobody is “untouchable,” and after decades in the cesspool of Washington politics, it would be a mistake to assume that Robert Mueller is special.
If you found this report eye-opening, please share this article on Facebook and Twitter!
What's your opinion of Mueller? Scroll down to comment below!