A new report published Friday accuses Fox News star Eric Bolling of sending lewd pictures to female co-workers, prompting another investigation into inappropriate behavior by a top figure at the fair and balanced network.
The report, which was originally published by the Huffington Post, claimed that Bolling had sent unsolicited pictures of male genitalia to co-workers.
“Recipients of the photo confirmed its contents to HuffPost, which is not revealing their identities. The women, who are Bolling’s current and former Fox colleagues, concluded the message was from him because they recognized his number from previous work-related and informal interactions,” the liberal news website reported. “The messages were sent several years ago, on separate occasions.”
Advertisement - story continues below
“One of the recipients said that when she replied to Bolling via text, telling him never to send her such photos again, he did not respond. Four people, outside of the recipients, confirmed to HuffPost they’d seen the photo, and eight others said the recipients had spoken to them about it.” In total, “a dozen” individuals were used as sources on the story.
In a statement to the Huffington Post, Bolling’s attorney, Michael J. Bowe, disputed the allegations — although the wording seemed somewhat problematic.
“Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made,” Bowe said.
Of course, that first part should be a bit distressing for Bolling supporters; sending unsolicited pictures of male genitalia to female co-workers isn’t something one talks about not “recalling.” You know you either did or you didn’t. For those hoping for an unequivocal statement, Bolling’s initial reaction was far from the incontrovertible pronouncement of innocence we saw when Sean Hannity faced similar allegations.
As of late Friday, the network had no pronouncement on Bolling’s future. “We were just informed of this late Friday afternoon via a Huffington Post inquiry and plan to investigate the matter,” a spokesman told The Hill.
It’s been a difficult year for Fox News on the sexual harassment front, as the network saw late network head Roger Ailes and its biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, forced out due to harassment allegations. Similar allegations were made against both Hannity and contributor Charles Payne, although a greater degree of doubt surrounded those cases.
While Bolling is not as big of a name as either O’Reilly or Hannity, his star was seen to be on the rise and he had been considered for a position in President Trump’s administration. This is a huge blow to his career arc — and, if true, could be considered a rationale for summary termination. We’ll certainly see what happens.
H/T Breaking 911
Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter with your thoughts on these allegations.
What are your thoughts on this report? Scroll down to comment below!